KONGOU and MOMBA BAÏ TRIP
Spending seven days in a forest means you get to know it well and tune in to its fascination and wonder. Your guides are ex-poachers who have “turned their hand” to protecting the wildlife through tourism.
The Ivindo – Kongou and Momba Bai trips can be combined in one trip called « Kongou-Momba » which lasts 7 days and has an overnight stop in Makokou.
GETTING TO MAKOKOU
By taxi brousse or Bus:
There are a number of buses and taxis brousse that depart everyday from Libreville for Makokou. The Société gabonaise de Transport runs 1 or 2 50-seater buses to Makoko everyday. The société Etoile Transport, JC Transport, Dino Transport, and others leave from Libreville to Makoko everyday. Allow about 10-12hours journey time. Tickets about cost 15-20.000 Fcfa/person.
train from Libreville to Boué (night train, arriving at 3am), then taxi brousse booked in advanced for Makokou (3-4 hour).
flight from Libreville – Makokou (not available since 2015, but could be an option).
SEASONS / CLIMATE – MAKOKOU REGION
Long dry season (July-September):
infrequent rainfalls, mild temperatures (22/25°C), not much sunlight: poor photographic opportunities owing to scarce daytime illumination.
Short dry season: (December-February):
scarce rainfalls and plenty of sunlight.
Wet season (rest of the year):
frequent rainfalls, variable temperatures and abundant sunlight for photos.
Please contact us regarding equipment necessary.
- Medical and Travel Insurance are required for the trip
- strong (soles) walking boots, a supply of socks (especially in the rainy season as they get wet easily)
- light-weight long trousers (easy to dry), long-sleeved shirts; avoid brightly coloured clothes (green, grey, beige and brown are best)
- swimming costume
- Poncho or lightweight rain-jacket (especially in the rainy season, but also in the short dry season)
- light-weight sleeping bag
- light-weight tent (please, contact us for advice)
- small capacity backpack (30-40 litre), plus a 60 litre backpack for food and extra luggage, carried by the guides
- sun cream
- insect repellent
- anti-malaria pills
LEVEL OF DIFFICULTY
Only for adults (> 12 years old), there is no physical fitness level required.
PRENOTAZIONI O INFO
Dr. Joseph Okouyi Okouyi
Tel: (241) 07.90.55.13
Tel: (241) 06.06.82.47
Tel: (241) 06.07.56.80
NB: To book a trip please write to Dr. Joseph Okouyi Okouyi in French or English
TRIP AND COSTS